Okay, I seriously need to stop doing these monthly sporadic appearances on my own blog. It was brought to my attention today that I have all but disappeared from here, and the person who told me this is my dad (who actually happens to be a fan of our books).
The reason why I haven't blogged is not because there's nothing going on, but because there has been A LOT going on in recent weeks. We're getting ready to release The Sorcery Code on December 16th and the German translation of Close Obsession in mid-t0-late December, followed by the German audiobook of Close Liaisons shortly thereafter. At the same time, I'm making progress on Twist Me (up to 58,000 words now!), and we're contemplating putting out a combined Krinar Chronicles trilogy. I really think this might be our busiest December ever.
Just as a reminder, we're also still running the Kickstarter campaign. You have 10 days to get signed paperbacks, lip balms, and other cool prizes. Keep in mind, signed paperbacks make great holiday gifts :).
And on that note, I'm going to go disappear again—hopefully, for a shorter period this time.
Want to get a bunch of signed copies of the Krinar Chronicles? How about I write a short story about you? Or maybe you'd like the main character in one of our books to be named after you? If so, come check out our Kickstarter project for The Sorcery Code: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/dimazales/the-sorcery-code-fantasy-novel-of-love-danger-and
Your support would be hugely appreciated!
I woke up this morning with the realization that it's already November 2nd and that I basically went radio-silent for the past two weeks here on my blog (not on Facebook, though – I manage to pop up there no matter how busy I get). I have no excuse except that Dima and I have been occupied with The Sorcery Code, Twist Me, our first German book release, finding German audiobook narrators... Okay, fine, I have an excuse. Anyways, here is an attempt to catch up on the latest b00k-related developments in my life:
1) The amazing Lauren Dawes, author of the Half-Blood series and Dark Deceit, interviewed me on her blog, The Fantasy Junkie. Come check it out here; I chat with Lauren about the writing process, Twist Me, and what super power I would like to have.
2) Fantasy is More Fun blog reviewed Close Liaisons and is doing a giveaway of the complete Krinar Chronicles trilogy! Check it out here and enter to win: http://fantasyismorefun.com/2013/11/close-liasons-anna-zaire-coyer-book-review.html. Dima and I also did a guest post there about why we offer Close Liaisons for free, for those of you who are curious as to why authors do freebies.
3) The Sorcery Code is in the home stretch, and it's coming out really awesome – and with more romance than Dima planned initially. There's even a really hot, dangerous alpha male in there. (Mwa-ha-ha – that's what happens when you get a romance writer to edit!) The first editing stage is nearly complete, and we hope to be able to release the book this year. If you haven't signed up for Dima's mailing list yet, please do so now by going to www.dimazales.com.
4) Twist Me is coming along, having crossed over the 50K mark recently. I came up with a new blurb – you can check it out on my Home page. I'm still not quite ready to set an official date, but I'm confident the book will be out early next year.
5) The German edition of Close Liaisons made it into the Top 100 on Amazon.de and stayed there for the past two weeks, which was incredibly exciting for us. A huge thank you for that to Grit, Kerstin, and our German readers!
The German translation of Close Liaisons is now live!!! It has been translated by the very talented Grit Schellenberg and edited by the awesome Kerstin Frashier. If you have any German-speaking friends or family, please be sure to let them know!
The book is available at the following places:
Barnes & Noble
Thalia and many others coming soon
Gefährliche Begegnungen (Buch 1 der Krinar Chroniken)
Ein überraschender, spannender und erotischer Roman, der die Liebhaber ungewöhnlicher Affären in seinen Bann ziehen wird.
Anna Zaires entführt ihre Leser in der deutschen Übersetzung ihres internationalen Bestsellers Close Liaisons in die nahe Zukunft der Erde. Die schönen aber gefährlichen Krinar haben sich auf der Erde niedergelassen und den Menschen ihre Alleinherrschaft entzogen. Die offizielle friedliche Koexistenz der beiden Rassen wird allerdings durch verschiedene Interessengruppen auf beiden Seiten untergraben, was zu unvorhersehbaren Verwicklungen führt.
Von diesem Strudel der Ereignisse wird auch die schüchterne und introvertierte Studentin Mia Stalis erfasst, als sie eines Tages im Central Park dem geheimnisvollen aber höchst faszinierenden Krinar Korum begegnet. Für Korum ist es Begierde auf den ersten Blick und nichts und niemand kann ihn von seinem Vorhaben abbringen, Mia ganz für sich allein zu haben. Als Mia sich dagegen wehrt, setzt Korum all seine Verführungskünste ein, um der unerfahrenen Mia einen Einblick in die für sie völlig neue Welt der erotischen Leidenschaft zu geben. Allerdings hat diese unkonventionelle Beziehung der Beiden weit größere Auswirkungen auf die Zukunft ihrer Rassen, als sie denken...
Wird Korum über Leidenschaft sein Ziel erreichen und Mia für sich gewinnen können? Wird Mia in Korum mehr als nur den Feind sehen können? Werden beide ihre persönlichen Interessen über die ihrer Rassen stellen, oder verfolgen sie ein höheres Ziel?
So excited for this book! This is the fantasy novel I'm collaborating on with Dima Zales, my amazing hubby! Please be sure to add it to your TBR list on Goodreads and sign up for Dima's new release list at www.dimazales.com.
Once a respected member of the Sorcerer Council and now an outcast, Blaise has spent the last year of his life working on a special magical object. The goal is to allow anyone to do magic, not just the sorcerer elite. The outcome of his quest is unlike anything he could’ve ever imagined – because, instead of an object, he creates Her.
She is Gala, and she is anything but inanimate. Born in the Spell Realm, she is beautiful and highly intelligent – and nobody knows what she’s capable of.
Augusta, a powerful sorceress, sees Blaise’s deed for the ultimate hubris that it is. She still loves Blaise and wants to save him before he has to pay the ultimate price . . . thanks to the abomination he created.
Exactly one year ago today, we hit the 'publish' button on Amazon for the first time. What followed has been a wild ride unlike anything I could've ever imagined – a ride that has completely transformed our lives.
As I sit here today, in our house in Florida (where we recently moved from New York), I can't help but marvel at everything that has occurred. We have now published three books, completing the Krinar Chronicles trilogy. Close Liaisons has 192 reviews on Amazon, more than 500 ratings on iTunes, and over 150 reviews on Goodreads. We've reached readers in New Zealand and Nigeria, Saudi Arabia and Singapore. The series is available in audio, and the first German translation will be out this month.
The most incredible thing of all, however, has been the amazing support all of you have shown to a new author. So thank you, dear readers! We're beyond grateful for every email, every comment on Facebook, every rating and review. And most of all, thank you for spreading the word about our books!
To celebrate, we're going to do an Anniversary Giveaway right here on the Home page and on Facebook. Up for grabs are 1 signed copy of Close Liaisons, a $20 Amazon gift card, and the entire Krinar trilogy in any ebook format. Please be sure to enter and join in the fun!
I am delighted to announce that Close Remembrance Audiobook is now available, and the narrator is the very talented Emily Durante! Please click here to get it now!
As always, honest reviews on Audible and elsewhere are a huge help :).
If you're interested in participating in the October 15 cover reveal for The Sorcery Code (the fantasy novel collaboration between Dima Zales and myself), please sign up at the following link:
Okay, so it's officially been more than 20 days since Close Remembrance came out, and some of you are probably wondering what I've been up to. Well, let me assure you that I have not been lazing around (well, not much, anyway). Here are some of the exciting things that have been occupying my time:
1) The Sorcery Code. This is the fantasy novel that I'm collaborating on with my husband, Dima Zales. I'm editing it, and we're expanding the story, adding some stronger romantic elements to it. And let me tell you, it's coming out AWESOME. We got a really cool cover for it, too; it'll be revealed soon. I can't wait for all of you to read it. No date set for the release yet, but you can sign up for my husband's newsletter at www.dimazales.com, and you'll be notified as soon as it's out.
2) Twist Me. I just crossed the 40K words mark on this one, and I can't believe how dark it's turning out to be. Okay, I knew it was going to be dark (it's dark erotica, duh!), but it's almost scary to write. Julian is seriously messing with my sleep.
3) German translation of Close Liaisons. It's almost done, and we're super-excited about publishing it and reaching a new set of readers. If you have any German-speaking friends or family, please let them know that the entire Krinar Chronicles trilogy will be available in their native language soon.
4) Audiobook of Close Remembrance. It's almost here as well, yay! We expect it to go live at Audible any day now. Sign up for my audiobook new release list here to be notified when it becomes available.